Saturday, April 30, 2011
Trampoline disaster
Here in the Midwest, there has been quite a bit of strong weather. Usually we move the trampoline on the side of the house so that it is not out in the wind. Mike was out of town and I did not think about it. I woke up and went down stairs and the I did not see the trampoline anywhere in the back yard. I finally found it, two houses down, in a tree. Needless to say, it was ruined. We had to wait till that night when Mike got home to get it out of the tree. The kids were besides themselves with grief. Mike wanted to get it taken apart and out by the curb. The next day was trash day. The kids helped him take the whole thing apart and while they were, the had a little memorial service for the trampoline. Mackenzie was remembering the time that I jumped on the trampoline. I guess I should have done it more then once :). McKay said "You were good to us". Jordan said that he has no idea what he is going to do without it. Yes, it was a sad day at our house when the trampoline died. Thankfully for them, when we get a new house we plan on getting the kids a new one. I have to admit I am almost as sad as the kids that we no longer have a trampoline. It was like a babysitter for the kids. I will be happy to get another one when we get settled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment