Thursday, November 18, 2010

Family Update


Laci is 16 months old and what can I say, she is fat.  But we LOVE fat babies.  She is super fun right now.  She is learning all around her.  Her first real word, other then dada, is shoes.  We kind of.  She says the SH part and then tried to get someone to put her shoes on for her.  She wants to be outside all the time.  She will be very sad when the Ohio winter gets here and she can't get out too much.  She is getting all 4 of her molars in the back, so she is a little temperamental.  But I will be glad when they are through and I can relax a little about choking.  Laci is a very happy baby.  She has the biggest smile that can melt just about any one's heart.   One really cute thing that she does is in her room, she has a play kitchen.  She will put food or dishes into the microwave and slam the door shut then the push the buttons on it.  It is so funny.  I wonder if I really look like that when I am making food.


My mom took this picture I just thought it was so funny!  Everyone was being goofy and it was so natural.  I wish we could see that kind of face Hailee was making.

Hailee will be 3 on Nov 28th.  She thinks she is 7 of course.  She is loving just about anything that Mackenzie loves.  She wants to be just like her big sister.  I LOVE it.  I don't think that Mackenzie minds all the much either.  Hailee talks really well and is very interested in reading already.  She will bring me books and ask me "what dat say momma".  I don't think she understands, but again she is just doing what she sees everyone else doing it. 

ALL my kiddo's looking cute for the camera.


Jordan just turned 9 and he is growing into such a handsome young man.  He is busy doing all the little boy things.  He loves to build things with Lego's and try out new video games.  He is the "Star of the Week" in school this week and Mike and I get to go talk to his class.  He is very excited to have us all come in.  Jordan played baseball this past summer and he was REALLY good at it.  He could throw the ball all the way across the baseball field and straight to the base he was aiming for.  Not bad for his first real year.  He is in cub scouts and loves learning new things.  I love that I get to do with Jordan each week and see all the fun things that he is doing.  (I am the wolf leader and he is a Bear now)

This picture pretty much sums up Mackenzie.  She is loves to put on a show.  I don't know how many times we have seen her dance recital.  We love to watch.  She is a little mother to her little sisters and MOST of the time, they love it.  She is doing dance again this year.  This time she is trying out ballet and jazz.  She really loves to dance and I must say, I love watching her.  Her recital is in May and I am already looking forward to it.  Mackenzie is doing GREAT at reading.  She loves to read.  It is fun to watch her world come alive as she learns about everything around her.

McKay is almost 8 and really looking forward to being baptized.  When Jordan was baptized, he was very excited to get ready for his special day.  I look forward to that too.  Plus when he is 8, he will get to join cub scouts and I will get to be his leader.  That will be fun.  McKay is a math guy.  He gets that from his dad, not me.  He is really cute to listen to when he is trying to explain something about math to Mackenzie.  McKay is very helpful with the little girls.  When they are tired of Mackenzie's help, the usually will run to him.  He is checking out drawing books from the Library and loves to practice.  I find him in bed with his light on drawing way after he is supposed to be in bed.

2 comments:

Maren said...

I would love to live close to you so I could see your family grow up. I just imagine your house to be the cool house on the street...and your kids to be the most fun. I bet you're an amazing mom.

Mindy said...

Cute Cute pics! Mackenzie cracks me up...such a diva! Fun updates!