Sunday, October 02, 2005

Conference Weekend

As most of you know, this was conference weekend. Saturday, the kids were not too interested in it. On Sunday, we sat with the kids on the couch and tried to interest them in it. The first song that they sang was about Joseph Smith. They showed some video clips of a movie about the first vision. Jordan asked me who it was. I told him that it was the Prophet Joseph Smith. Then he saw the part where Joseph saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He knew who they were. He told me that it was two Jesus'. I explained to him that it was Jesus and Heavenly Father. He said that Jesus came out of the clouds. He then told me that Jesus and Heavenly Father lived in the clouds. So cute! We talked about Heaven and that heaven is above the clouds. I asked him if he wanted to live with Jesus and Heavenly Father. He said "No. It is too high. I will fall". It was really cute to listen to him talk about the things that he knows. It made me think about one talk that I heard yesterday about a little two year old that knew that Enous was the prophet that prayed all day. They are smarter then we know. At the end of the first session, they sang another song about the prophet and Jordan commented that he wanted to live in the clouds with Jesus and with the babies. I told him that one day, I hope that we all live in the clouds with Jesus. I love being Jordan's, McKay and Mackenzie's mother.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Those are priceless moments!! Seems like just yesterday my children were that age and that cute.