Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Well, it happened. Last night, it happened. I left one of my children behind. Let me start at the beginning. I knew that last night was going to be busy. We had basketball from 6-7 and then pack meeting from 7-8. Mike got off late from work, so he met me at basketball around 6:30. That gave me time to go and get the drinks that I was supposed to bring and pick up Mackenzie from a friends house. We had pack meeting and it went well. I am really starting to like scouts more. After it was over, we were going to go get a burger because I forgot to feed anyone before we left for the evening. I got in my car with a couple kids and Mike did the same. When we got there, Mike asked me where McKay was. I thought the he was playing a trick on me. So I played along for a minute, till I realized that he really did not have him. I jumped back in the car with Mackenzie and Jordan, because they did not want to miss out on the excitment. I got back to the church and there was McKay in the hall with all the other adults that were there, trying to find me. No on there knew my cell number, and of course, I was not home. McKay was just fine. A little surprised that I would leave him at the church, but smiled just like he always does. When I asked him where he was, he said that he came outside when we were all leaving and then he saw a cat. This is where we lost him. He followed the cat so that he could see his eyes. When he came back around the other side of the building, Mike and I were both gone. After he told us this story, Jordan patted him on the back and said, "well, nice to have you back". I laughed so hard. So, it has happened. I left one of my children. Luckily, he was in a safe place and I did not have to worry... too much. I did drive about 50 in a 25, but don't tell anybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's one of my worst nightmares. Sometimes when I am driving around with only 1 or 2 of my kids, I look back and see the empty seat and start to panic. Then I remember that the other child is where they are supposed to be and I calm down. I'm sure if you had gotten pulled over, the officer would understand. (Hopefully.)
Isn't that like a mother's rite of passage? Too funny!
It's okay. It happens to a lot of people. My family went to the movies over Christmas break and one of my sisters little boys fell to sleep in the theater. They freaked out because when they got to the car he was nowhere to be found. Later they went back in, and he was still sleeping in the theater.
Post a Comment