Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Family





We have moved across the country this summer and spent a lot of time together just our family.  I LOVE that I have such a great family.  We are far from perfect, but I sure would not choose anyone different.  Our summer started out with the boys going to scout camp.  They LOVE being cub scouts.  They had so much fun.  We stayed a week longer in Ohio so that they could attend.  My WONDERFUl dad came to Ohio to drive to Texas with me so that I did not have to do it alone.  I left the first home and Mike and I bought in the hands of the renters and drove away.  It was a bitter/sweet feeling.  We know that we are supposed to be moving, but it is hard to leave behind the things and people that you love.  I have so many good memories in Ohio.  We added two of my favorite people to our family there.  I made friendships that will last a lifetime there.  I miss Ohio and think about all the people there often. 
The kids and I decided to make a stop in Texas on our way to Idaho.  We did not have a place to move into until the first of july so we took a little vacation.  We spent our days laying around the pool and playing with grandma and grandpa.  They were great to have around too.  There is just nothing like going home to mom and dad's house.  Again, my WONDERFUL mother this time, was going to drive to Idaho with me.  We told Mike and we would be here on the 15th of July which was a Friday.  But his birthday was on the 13th so we decided to surprise him.  We left 3 days early and made our way out west.  The drive was not too bad and the kids did GREAT.  We stopped in Provo to spend the day with my brothers and then made the rest of our trip to Idaho.  Mike was SOOO happy to see us.  He sure missed his family.  We have since settled and are enjoying our new home in Nampa Idaho.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the last picture of the twins on this post!

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.