Sunday, July 27, 2008

Night Away

When Mike came back to Texas, my parents and I decided to surprise him. His birthday was on the 13th and we were all still in Texas. So when he got there, I whisked him away for a quiet night without the kids. I think this is the first time we have done this since long before we moved to Ohio. We had so much fun. We went shopping...for me even though it was Mike's birthday, ate at Pappasito's Mexican restaurant. Mike LOVED it. We stayed at a really nice hotel. We went to the pool and got to swim without little one's hanging on us or splashing us. Then we got a full nights sleep without interruptions. I have not had that in a long time. Mike travels a little and get to sleep alone, but not me. So I was so excited. We had such a great time. I think each couple needs a night away from everything occasionally. Thanks Mom!!!

Having Dinner at Pappasito's
This was Mike's birthday hat. He was a little embarrassed...but the best was yet to come. After they put this on him, they made him stand up and play a broom like a guitar while the entire restaurant sang happy birthday to him. It was GREAT!!

I was really hoping that this picture would turn out, but we will be blurry. We were relaxing in the hot tub at the hotel. It was so nice.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

How very nice! I love a getaway night....they just don't happen enough. I love the pictures.

Seable Family said...

Cute pictures! Malinda I love your hair. It is so cute. Now I really want a night away.

Lisa Pickup said...

glad o hear you could sneak in a night away. My turn...

Happy birthday Mike.

hope you doing well.

Lisa Pickup said...

hope YOUR doing well

Krysta said...

How fun!! Every couple needs a getaway. It makes you feel like a person again and remember why in the heck you married in the first place. All of your Texas pictures turned out so cute!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you got to do that! Sounds perfect!